Grief is a powerful emotion, and when you lose a loved one it can be a harrowing experience. There can be a great deal of work involved in sorting out the affairs of the deceased, and all this comes at a time of great loss.
I don’t know what to do?
- Don’t worry, if the deceased left a Will, there will usually be one or more executors appointed to handle the affairs of the estate.
- If there is no Will (intestacy), or if you are not sure if there is a Will, you should seek legal advice. The law sets out who is entitled to deal with the estate, and also the rules about how the estate is distributed. In either case, The Will Maker Group can guide and advise you. We make an information pack freely available detailing the duties of executors and trustees.
Why do I have to go to all the trouble of applying for Probate?
- You may have no choice in the matter. Certain institutions such as banks, building societies, and insurance companies may not allow property held in the sole name of the deceased to be transferred or sold without Probate. If there is an interest in a house to deal with, Probate is usually required for this.
How can The Will Maker Group help?
Just Wills & Legal Services can take the weight off your mind and handle the entire process should you wish. Things that need to be done include:
- Apply for Probate (or letters of Administration where there is no Will)
- Collect in and transfers all the assets of the estate and pay debts
- Produce detailed accounts
- Distribute legacies
- Prepare all relevant documents
- Assess any tax liabilities (death duties) and complete Inland Revenue paperwork
The Will Maker Group has over 100 years collective experience and has the legal know how to deal with the estate in the most tax-efficient way, keeping your costs to a minimum. On many occasions, we have helped families save well over £100,000 in tax.
We found Jamie to be very friendly and listened to us explaining what we wanted from the new Wills and LPA as it was not straightforward. He conducted his business with efficiency and in a very nice friendly manner and I have no hesitation in recommending him to family and friends.
“After having a new baby Jamie was able to advise the best wills for our family. He was very professional and the wills were prepared quickly and we are really happy with the quality.”
HANNAH & KEVIN KING
“Jamie and the company he serves have been helpful courteous and diligent at all times and has put himself to considerable efforts on our behalf. We would not hesitate to recommend him to future clients for the same services that were executed for us.”
MARIAN AND ALLEN ROWLES
If you would like more info on Will Writing, Trusts, Power of Attorney or Probate to ensure that those you love are provided for in accordance with your wishes then please get in touch using our contact details below.
Free Consultation Form